In this article, you will learn how to create a website for cheap by applying GoDaddy and HostGator discount coupons.
I personally prefer GoDaddy and HostGator because they are the leading domain registrar and web hosting companies in the world. Also, they are very reliable and offer 24x7x365 support.
When you buy hosting from HostGator, you get free unlimited personal email accounts, $100 Google Adwords, and $100 BingAds credits which can be used to drive visitors to your new website.
Here are the steps to create a website for $1 with .COM from GoDaddy ($0.99) and hosting from HostGator ($0.01).
Please note, this may not work for existing customers, so clear your cookies and log out from GoDaddy and HostGator accounts before trying the steps below.
Register Your .COM Domain With GoDaddy For 99 Cents
- Go to GoDaddy.com and Search for the domain name you wish to register.
- Select your domain name if it is available and click on “Continue to Cart” button.
- Scroll down and click on “Continue to Cart” .
- Select 1 Year for Term and Apply Promotion Code “CJ99COM” to get the domain for 99 cents. ICANN will charge $0.18 per year for registration.
- Click On “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Create a new account and finish the transaction.
Buy Hosting From Hostgator with Unlimited Domains and Hosting for 1 Cent
- Go to HostGator.com
- Click on “Web Hosting”
- If you want to host only one website, click on “Sign Up Now!” under “Hatchling Plan”. For hosting multiple websites, select “Baby Plan”.
- Click on “I Already Own This Domain” tab and enter the domain name you registered with GoDaddy.
- Under “2. Choose a Hosting Plan”, select “Hatchling” on “Baby” Package Type.
- Select Billing Cycle as 1 month and enter your desired UserName and Security PIN.
- Enter your Billing Info
- Uncheck all Additional Services.
- To activate 1 cent for the first month offer, enter Coupon Code “1CENTSITE” and click on Validate. Total Amount Due should change to $0.01.
Link GoDaddy Domain with HostGator
- Find HostGator Name Servers.
- Option 1: When your purchase hosting from HostGator, you will receive a welcome email with Hosting details including Name Server addresses.
- Option 2: In the welcome mail, you will also receive Website Control Panel (cPanel) login details. Login to cPanel account and scroll to left bottom of the page. Name servers will be listed under Account Information.
- Login to your GoDaddy Account and click on “Manage” next to Domains (My Products” page.
- Select the domain and click on “Nameservers>Set Nameservers” in the menu.
- Select “Custom” under Setup Type and click on “Add Nameserver”.
- Add the Nameservers provided by HostGator (Refer Step 1) and click on OK to save.
Please note, after updating the nameservers, it’ll take 24-48 hours for DNS propagation during which your website and email may not be available.